MicroFinanza Rating's Loan Portolio Audit (LPA) provides a rapid yet rigorous analysis of the FI's loan portfolio. The audit process is carried out on a representative sample of loans and aims at:
• Assessing the alignment of credit operations implemented in the field with the existing credit policy and procedures;
• Provide accurate review of the credit policies and procedures manuals related to credit operations and debt collection;
• Assessing the reliability and evolution of portfolio quality and loan loss provisioning reported (according to international standards and to the local regulatory requirements);
• Provide insights into the management systems and the risk factors that could potentially impact loan portfolio quality of the FI in the future;
• Verify and assess the accuracy of the loan files and their consistency with the internal credit policy and the MIS (both loan tracking and accounting systems);
• Confirm the existence of clients through face-to-face meetings and phone calls.
The Loan Portolio Audit (LPA) is performed with a combination desk review (i.e. policy and procedure) and field visit to clients and FI's branches. The final report provides a clear overview of the FI portfolio quality and structure, in depth evaluation of the credit process and complete list of compliance gaps identified and related guidance remarks for improvement.
Learn more about our methodology and process.